~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, August 01, 2005

War Nerds Rule!

Charles is calling it the Freakish Rant of the Day. And, boy is it ever odd:

Victor Hanson: Portrait of an American Traitor

[...] This fool passes himself off as a military historian, writing columns about Iraq and Afghanistan and everything else he feels like babbling about, but he doesn’t have a clue about contemporary warfare. Every war nerd on the net knows more about what’s happening in Iraq than he does. But that doesn’t stop him. He teaches Classics, he’s written a half dozen books on ancient warfare, and he never lets you forget that he’s a professor and you’re not.
What the...? Someone has access to the good stuff... and refuses to share, I might add. Truly bizarre.

I have been to war, and I am a nerd. So, as a newly minted mil-blogger who finds himself posting more and more about military matters, I guess that would make me one of these "war nerds" that knows so much more than VDH. Well, let me tell you, if I ever get to the point where I know even half as much as Professor Hanson, I'd consider that a serious accomplishment.

But, rest assured, my dear readers, I'll keep posting links to Victor's excellent essays, and (if I can find any) links to those who refute his opinions. That is, until the "war nerds" take over the world. Then Victor will have to link to us! Muuuuuuhahhhahahahahhahahahah!



I am so co-opting this logo...

<< Home |