~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, July 08, 2005

Diary, 9

*** Pages from the journal I kept during my time in Iraq.

April 16, 2003


*click to enlarge*


*click to enlarge*

Satire aside, please note that the Marines of the 1/5 lost a good man in the battle to take that palace. Gunny Jeffrey E. Bohr. I was about fifteen miles away, considered "non-essential" to that fight due to our "soft skin" vehicles. The tactical advantages our Sig-Int equipment brought to the table were canceled out by the fact a single stray bullet would short that same equipment. Hear this. On 10 April, 2003, for several hours in the dark of night, the 1/5 demonstrated why Saddam never had a chance.

We stayed in the palace for about two weeks, and you can see what our Army accomplished from that position over the course of the next year in the documentary, "Gunner Palace."

Diary,1 Diary,2 Diary,3 Diary,4 Diary,5 Diary,6 Diary,7 Diary,8

<< Home |