~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, April 16, 2005

VDH reminds me of something I hadn't thought of in months

Victor Davis Hanson has yet another excellent essay up at National Review. One line in particular struck me...
"Do you suppose that the Bush administration has Osama bin Laden hidden away somewhere and will bring him out before the election?" - attributed to Madeleine Albright.
I remember hearing this crazy conspiracy theory during last year's election campaign, and thinking to myself that it actually sounded halfway plausible. I mean, Bush had been burned by last minute allegations of a DUI in 2000, followed by an extremely close vote count. In my mind it was conceivable he was holding his own trump card as rebutal to any so called October surprises that might emerge in 2004.

Of course, in retrospect, it was an absurd notion, but during the heady days of an election year, I admit I fell for many halfway plausible theories. Whew! 2004 was a roller coaster. I'm actually glad to have a break from the stress.

<< Home |