~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, November 02, 2008

"[U]nder a President McCain preferably, under a President Obama if it must be."

A few minor quibbles aside, this pretty much sums up my own view:

This is a great and greatly enduring country. It flourishes because of the genius of its institutions and the decent and moderate instincts of its people. I look to the American future with confidence always - under a President McCain preferably, under a President Obama if it must be.


I believe America can and will survive either man's administration. Like David Frum, I too am optimistic about America's essential permanence. I am concerned about the potentially lasting damage an Obama presidency could do in just four or eight short years to the free market institutions that have made America the most prosperous nation in the history of history. Seriously now, will someone please explain to me why I need endure yet another big-government fashion fad when it's already been proven to retard American progress?

Milton Friedman had the answer:

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.


<< Home |