~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, January 08, 2007

Feeling wonky?

Try some Milton Friedman streaming video from IdeaChannel:

In honor of Milton Friedman, we are streaming the ground-breaking Free to Choose series as it originally aired in 1980 as well as an updated 1990 version. Also watch for a biography, "The Power of Choice" which will air Monday, January 29 on PBS. This date has also been declared as Milton Friedman Day.


Free markets are good for people, especially, as it turns out, poor people. Here the acclaimed economist explains why as only he can. I'm about halfway through the series and I'm utterly fascinated. I'm really kicking myself that I never had the chance to meet him before his death last year at age 93.

<< Home |