~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, March 27, 2006

Free speech still free

FEC decides not to regulate bloggers.

The decision means that bloggers and online publications will not be covered by provisions of the new election law. Internet bloggers and individuals will therefore be able to use the Internet to attack or support federal candidates without running afoul of campaign spending and contribution limits.


The scary thing is that this was even up for debate last year. I like to think that we could've beaten such a preposterous measure in court, but I'm glad it didn't have to come to that.

CITIZEN JOURNALISM LIVES! BRING ON THE DELICIOUS PIE!

<< Home |