~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Chris Buckley quits National Review

Meh. As a subscriber, I've been reading his back page columns for a few months now, and to tell the truth I wasn't all that impressed. He seemed to be going for a kind of aimless, purposefully digressive writing style better suited to his novels than to the pages of NR. I really miss Mark Steyn's concise, witty pieces and look forward to Steyn's return to the back page.

As for Christopher's "argument" for why he's voting Barack Obama? What can I say? Even at this late stage, Chris still thinks Obama will see the folly of his leftist ways and tack to center... but only after America elects him President and Commander in Chief. Um... No. That's a fantasy, Chris.

Stick to novels.

<< Home |