~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, May 19, 2008

The dream is dead

... or, why I weep for the eminent demise of our liberties.

Tim Harford has penned an utterly fascinating/depressing piece (with links to research studies) for Slate called "The $20 Pack: Why Smokers Are Happier When Cigarettes Cost More."

Nowhere in it does he mention the sovereignty of the individual, once heralded as the backbone of the American Experiment. We're all doomed, you know that, right?

(Via: Insty)

UPDATE: Related. Not that I care all that much over what contortions the Dems put themselves though in service to their Gaia worship, but I have to ask... will there be a smoking area? Just how far is the trek to the back of the parking lot?

<< Home |