~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, March 23, 2008

And knowing is half the battle

As far as I'm concerned, Mark Steyn's article today is the definitive word on Obama's pastor problem:

[L]ast week, Barack Obama told America: "I can no more disown [Wright] than I can disown the black community."

What is the plain meaning of that sentence? That the paranoid racist ravings of Jeremiah Wright are now part of the established cultural discourse in African-American life and thus must command our respect?

...

So much for the post-racial candidate.


I'm amending my comment over at Lee's ("The more I watch Obama, the less I know about him") to read the more I learn about Obama, the more annoyed I get. Or, as AllahPundit put it, "Partisanship aside, as much as I loathe his politics, I always liked Obama the man and believed that his devotion to racial reconciliation was sincere. I don’t anymore."

Count me among those fooled, too.

<< Home |