~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, August 10, 2007

A fine line

Bryan's running down this film art video. I think it's actually quite good.



There's a fine line between gimicky art and gimicky art that works. I think this qualifies as the latter. The recursive bookends ("artist as subject, see artist preparing stage") are a tad too close to crossing that fine line, in my opinion. But overall it's well executed, and I liked it very much.

Reminds me of this:



Which is just straight gimicky art. Period. Doesn't have that extra something that makes it work. Noah's a good looking kid and pretty people just aren't as interesting. Hell! Paris Hilton manages to do the same bit unconsciously. So there you go.

<< Home |