~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, July 03, 2006

Will a liberal please explain this to me?

Jimmy Carter says, "We need fewer secrets." His solution? Bigger government. No, really.

After citing public concern with government secrecy, and pointing to the statute-clogged EPA as proof that today's government can't comply with FOIA requirements, he actually advocates for more laws and the creation of an oversight body. Brilliant, Mr. President.

I can think of a thousand reasons to recommend limited government, chief among them would be greater accountability. But I'll confess that I just don't understand the logic of trying the fix the problem of acountability with bearuocracy.

(Yes, I know this puts me squarely into the "broadly construed" camp of constitutional interpretation. But I'll burn that bridge when I come to it. Can't pass up an opportunity to snark on Carter, can I?)

<< Home |