~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Crazies on parade (flag burning edition)

I hope all my readers had an enjoyable Independance Day. I certainly did. But I gotta ask... Just what the hell is wrong with these people?

Neo-Nazis hijack gala to burn Anne Frank diary

German neo-Nazis tore up and burned a copy of The Diary of Anne Frank after hijacking a traditional gala.

Around 100 skinheads cheered and shouted Sieg Heil as the most poignant memoir of the Holocaust years went up in flames.

They also burned a U.S. flag and sang banned Nazi songs.


Psssst! I see stupid people.

About 25 revelers celebrated their freedom of speech and welcomed the Fourth of July on Monday night with the "2nd Annual Old Time American Flag Burn."

Around a burn barrel at Seabright State Beach, organizer Brent Adams, 41, of Santa Cruz, declared flag burning not a protest, but a celebration of the Constitution's First Amendment.

"It seemed like a good idea to burn some flags just because we can," added fellow organizer Sha Lar, 32, of Santa Cruz.


It seemed like a good idea to burn some flags just because we can?! Yet another advantage to keeping the practice of flag burning legal? ... It allows one to spot stupidity from a distance. Shine on you crazy diamond, you!

(Via: Drudge)

<< Home |