~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Local goth boy makes good

The goths of yesteryear now fix your teeth and file your tax returns according to this fascinating story in the Guardian Arts section.

It could be tough, but being a goth can open up a world where art, current affairs and literature are embraced and openly discussed, perhaps paving the way for future networking.


I'm not sure gothitude is so... virtuous as all that, but I do remember feeling special back when I was goth. I still listen to Sisters of Mercy and Killing joke, but on mp3 these days, mixed in with other fare. Plus, I think there's merit to the notion that happy songs don't make sad people happy. Sad songs make sad people happy. And I'm speaking as a former goth with a history of clinical depression. It's a form of therapy, I suppose.

<< Home |