~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Media watch

Attention grabbing headline: Army Tests Soldiers in Alaskan Extremes

Doesn't that sound like the Army is subjecting human soldiers to extreme cold weather training? It did to me too.

In actuality, the substance of the story is about testing experimental equipment, like headlights not soldiers, in Alaska's cold weather.

Here's the letter I sent to the AP which I expect to be ignored just like the others I've sent over the years:

Dear Rachel D'oro,

Thank you for writing a quite interesting piece on the Army's Cold Regions Test Center.

However the headline "Army Tests Soldiers in Alaskan Extremes" doesn't capsulize the substance of your article, which is about equipment testing. Could you be a darling and ask your editors why? Feel free to get back to me at your leisure. (Read: an actual response would shock me to the core.)

Kadnine


<< Home |