~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Lockstep achieved! (Sorta...)

So I'm watching the President address the nation tonight, cheering for some phrases ("Not only can we win in Iraq, we are winning in Iraq") and lamenting other phrases ("Now that we're there, the choice is either victory or defeat.")

Critics of the war will jump on the latter half of the President's speech, which says, in effect, "Sorry for the mess, but we americans are all in this together, right?" To which I ask, liberating fifty million world neighbors is somehow a bad thing!?

A decent speech with strong points and weak points in my view, but overall I'm pleased.

More tomorrow with links to the transcript and video.

Pajamas has the mother of all roundups.

Transcript, Part II, Video

<< Home |