~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, November 21, 2005

Iraq's children in pictures

Michael Yon's latest dispatch is here.


"Iraqi kids, showing they can count in English: I always felt like a movie star."

Felt like a movie star? Boy, didn't we all?

I don't know for sure that American Marines in France, circa WWII, after hearing french kiddies counting aloud in english, "One, two, three..." countered with "Un, deux, trois..."

But I can only imagine the delight that they must have had watching the faces of those children! During my short tme in Iraq I amazed many an Iraqi youngster with a similar exchange.

Sung to the tune of "I dream of Jeanie:"

Whaaaaahed
ithnane
thaletha...


The raw, emotional power of the "1,2,3 song" has a lot of traction with kids and adults alike.

<< Home |