~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, October 10, 2005

Random entry from the journal I kept during my time in Iraq

15 May 2003

-- 1230 hours

It's 112 degrees Farenheit. Hands are too sweaty to draw anymore.

-- 1925 hours

The sun has gone down and the temperature has dropped back down to a balmy 115 degrees from an afternoon high of 122 and all our equipment stopped working hours ago. We bought an egg from an Iraqi at the gate. To fry on the hood of the HUMVEE, you know, just to say that we did it. But by the time we got it back to the site it was halfway to hard boiled and came out of the shell in chunks. It's gonna suck when summer gets here...

<< Home |