~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, September 23, 2005

Quack links

Duck, duck, duck... GOOSE!

Plus: New Michael Yon report:

[B]efore posting Battle for Mosul IV, I wanted to give this update, along with an explanation about the fate of a very sick little Iraqi girl named Rhma, who is mentioned in Battle for Mosul III. As much as I would like to say that this little girl’s case has met a happy ending, so far that has not happened.


And: Ex-Marine takes job at Al-Jazeera.

Here's what I think about that.

It is only fitting that former Captain Josh Rushing resigned from the Corps. Upon receiving his commission, he did NOT solemnly swear " to be a source of global information" but rather to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic."

If that seems overly "nationalized" to him, I question whether he fully understood the meaning of the words when he put his hand in the air and spoke them. But as an officer, Josh was undoubtedly given access to sensitive information that could assist our enemies. I worry that now he apparently finds serving "global information" more rewarding than serving the Constitution, and may consider that intelligence fair game for dissemination. Don't you dare get any Marines killed, Josh. I'm warning you.

Kadnine (Formerly CPL Kadnine, USMC, OIF Vet and Arabic Linguist)

<< Home |