~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Preach it, Mike. Preach it!

Michael Barone on multiculturalism:

Multiculturalism is based on the lie that all cultures are morally equal. In practice, that soon degenerates to: All cultures all morally equal, except ours, which is worse. But all cultures are not equal in respecting representative government, guaranteed liberties, and the rule of law. And those things arose not simultaneously and in all cultures but in certain specific times and places--mostly in Britain and America but also in other parts of Europe.


I freely admit it. I'm a culture snob. An elitist. My culture could eat your culture for breakfast. I'll sing it loud and proud, "We're better than you, ya murderous, backwater, woman-hating, gay-stoning, intolerant bastards!" And for us to tolerate isolated enclaves of people dedicated to the erradication of our superior culture is tantemount to suicide. To that I say, not on my watch!

(Whew! If that doesn't earn me some hate mail, I don't know what will.)

(Via: The Elvis-lovn', Hitler-hatin', rock-n-roller Glenn.)

<< Home |