~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, August 25, 2005

The must read of the entire month

... with pics! No other reporter currently on the ground in Iraq tells it the way it is. Many journalists have been in-country, and a few are even pretty good, but no one can touch Michael Yon.

I wrote in my journal shortly after a mortar attack on our position in 2003 that, "Nothing scares me more than indirect fire. The casual, random nature of "death by artillary" fills me with such dread, I actually prefer taking a bullet. At least I could shoot back if the enemy was close enough to hit me with a well aimed shot."

Caught in a firefight, armed with only a camera, Mike recounts a similar frustration.

<< Home |