~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Forget "Catcher in the Rye" the Great American Novel is "Confederacy of Dunces"

or, my homage to the great city of New Orleans.

New Orleans is, hands down, my favorite American city. And "Confederacy" is my favorite book. I'm addicted to the French Quarter like a junkie to smack. There's nothing in my soul that cries foul when the proud residents of New Orleans proclaim their city to be the center of the Universe. Of course it is. And who could argue?

And so my heart is torn when I see news that hurricane Katrina has damaged my favorite place on earth. Right now, you're the center of the media Universe because of your loss, because of the damage Katrina has caused. But not for long. Be well, New Orleans. Soon, you'll again be the center of the Universe, and for the old reasons.

<< Home |