~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, July 28, 2005

The biggest problem with Christian-bashing is that IT'S LEGAL HERE!

Damnit. What's the use of railing against authority when the Christian culture that spawned that authority assures your right to dissent? I mean, it's just so unsatisfying, you know?

Take this guy, for instance. (Flash music video espousing some vague, secular philosophy that is definately superior to those scary Christian Fundamentalists.) Right on, dude. Way to stick it to the MAN. I hate to say it, but you're not breaking any new ground here, kiddo. Rebellion against the dominant paradigm is the default setting for immature youths (to steal a phrase from Lileks.) I might be more impressed if you moved to Saudi Arabia and took aim at the dominant religion there.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that the (admitedly talented) creator of this anti-Christian hit piece is frustrated because there will be no crack down. The MAN just doesn't care.

God, I am way too young to be saying this, but I'll say anyway: Get a job, hippie!

UPDATE: marc at hubs and spokes brings this article to my attention. There's still hope for those born with the protections inherrent in our Christian culture but, for some reason, are still unhappy... Move to Canada!

Canadian National Public Radio Broadcasts Call for State Control of Religion, Especially Catholicism

[...]"Of course the Vatican wouldn't like the changes, but they would come to accept them in time as a fact of life in Canada. Indeed I suspect many clergy would welcome the external pressure."


Ahhh, Canada... almost as tolerant as Saudi Arabia.

UPDATE: First read this. Then read this.

<< Home |