~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, June 24, 2005

Kit Jarrell's "Conversation With A Fallujah Marine" is now available

It's a real piece of work. I especially like the way she chooses to end the interview.

Just before he leaves, I ask him if there is anything he wants me to add to the story.

“I’m nothing special,” he says. “Add that.”
Infantry Marines like CPL Aaron Kuck are the guys that kept P.O.G.s like me from dying in that far-off land. My hat is off.

And thank you, Kit, for the kind account of what a combat veteran thinks about Iraq. All Marines swagger (I sure as hell do) but mostly we're a bunch of soft spoken, confident Americans like CPL Kuck who "just do what Marines do." Spot on.

<< Home |