~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, June 20, 2005

I'm a little late getting started tday...

Laundry, dishes, a computer virus (my own stupidity for clicking on a suspicious link) have all contributed to my recent silence.

Check out these excellent links while I get myself together:

- "If John McCain truly thinks that we need to try the detainees at Gitmo, I think he'd better get a grip on reality. [W]ould McCain have wanted to be tried by the Vietcong when he was a POW? [...} Where are the level-headed grown-ups? Who's in charge of the daycare center we call Congress anyway?! Can we hire a history and civics tutor for these dolts??"

Amen, Dawn.

- Am I Crazy, Or Is It Impossible to Capture a Terrorist Using "Art"?

"Look, we all do things we don't want to do. If you're a writer or sculptor or whatever, and you want to serve the not-very-high-paying counter-culture, I'm sorry, take a day job or mix up your transgressive works with some commercially viable stuff. You can do the commercially-viable stuff under a psuedonym if you like."

Amen, Ace.

- Git ‘R’ Done

"Someone should tell the weenies that if we do more of what’s below and less “omg GITMO!”, we might actually get out of Iraq in this lifetime."

Amen, Kit.

<< Home |