~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, June 03, 2005

2Lt Pantano resigns and I feel sick to my stomach

Slander from the mouth of a dishonorable Marine: Is there a more despicable offense in the culture of the American Military? Today I can't think of one.

Kit Jarrell brings us the sad news that 2Lt Ilario Pantano will resign his commission after having been cleared (cleared!) of wrongdoing. False accusations from petty individuals have halted the careers of good men in the past, and will undoubtedly do so again. But every time it happens, it cheapens what it means to be a Marine and is rightly a cause for grief.

Ilario Pantano will surely excel at whatever endeavor he decides to pick up next. Here's to the hope that his worst days lay behind him forever. Semper Fidelis, sir.

Thank you for your service.

<< Home |