~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Random thoughts from a Marine who's out of the service now.

I just put on my shoes in the following order:

Right sock
Right shoe (tie laces)
Left sock
Left shoe (tie laces)

in direct contravention of boot camp doctrine! Everybody knows that you have to put on both shoes before tying! How ya gonna be combat effective if bombs start to fall when you've got your left shoe off? Huh?

Whew! They say that it takes the Air Force two years to recover their civilian mindset after leaving the service. Army four years. Navy eight. And that Marines never recover. Once a Marine, always a Marine.

<< Home |