~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Not on my watch.

John Kerry is soliciting hardship stories from anyone who knows a family with members serving in Iraq or Afghanistan. Here's what I sent him:
Dear Senator Kerry,

My story? You wouldn't want it since it describes seven harrowing months, away from my family, at the frontlines making a POSITIVE DIFFERENCE for the citizens of Iraq.

You first, Senator. Sign the damn form. And stop fishing for emotional sob stories from American military families in order to further your political goals, you heartless vampire.
Not my best prose. Mixed metaphors, and my anger shines through. But still, I am angry! I'll be damned if I let him co-opt "For the Troops" the way liberals have co-opted "For the Children." Neither side, left nor right, has a monopoly on "caring."

<< Home |