~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, April 04, 2005

MEN WANTED
―――――――――――
FOR HAZARDOUS
JOURNEY,
SMALL WAGES,
BITTER COLD,
LONG MONTHS OF
COMPLETE DARKNESS,
CONSTANT DANGER,
SAFE RETURN
DOUBTFUL.
HONOUR AND
RECOGNTION
IN CASE OF SUCCESS.
―――――――――――
ERNEST SHACKLETON


Just finished watching The Endurance, a spectacular documentary about the doomed, 1914 expedition accross Antarctica. This film has got everything: brave men, sinking ships, faithful dogs, and narrowly averted mutiny. (This list is nowhere near exhaustive.) The DVD comes complete with meaty extra features (always a plus that I look for when buying or renting a movie.) I can heartily recomend it.

<< Home |