~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, April 01, 2005

I'm humbled

... to read this Portuguese poet's thoughts on America. Truly humbled.
One can be American never having been to America. To be American is to wish well for America. Whoever wishes well for America makes it grow? To want to go to America is what there is more of in the world; this craving is an overwhelming good. To wish well for America is to make the world grow.
I forget, sometimes, the enormous impact my country has on the rest of the planet. Paulo José Miranda reminds us of that influence, without the usual European rancor.

Thank you, Paulo. Well done.

(Via: INDC Journal)

<< Home |