~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Eminent Domain; A question of vocabulary

MoverMike points out a pet peeve of mine that we apparently share:
But as philosopher Ayn Rand observed, "there is no such entity as 'the public,' since the public is merely a number of individuals . . . .the idea that 'the public interest' supersedes private interests and rights can have but one meaning: that the interests and rights of some individuals take precedence over the interests and rights of others."
The peculiar language of real estate leads to all sorts of incorrect usage by those not trained in the field. It's frequently maddening. But I suppose docters, lawyers and physicists get just as upset when I incorrectly reference MRI's, writs, and Schroedinger's Cat.

<< Home |