~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, April 04, 2005

Bush presents Medal of Honor



Today, President Bush presented the first of what I suspect will be many Medals of Honor awarded for Operation Iraqi Freedom to Army Sgt. 1st Class Paul Ray Smith.

Text of the citation here.
President's remarks here.
Medal of Honor statistics here.


I was privaledged to serve in Iraq alongside heros. While I was fully prepared to give my life in service to my country, I'm grateful that I was able to return safely to my family, due, in large part, to the heroic actions of Paul Ray Smith and others. One of the greatest things about blogging is that it gives me a public forum to record my thanks to all the people to whom I'm indebted.

Thank you, Paul.

Update: View a reenactment of Sgt. Smith's actions. (Flash)

<< Home |