~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Heh. I'm on the Corner

Jonah was nice enough to post my gut reaction to Juan Cole's assinine assertion that Jonah is not linguisticaly qualified to comment on the Iraqi elections...

Cole's remarks here.

My response:

"I CAN READ ARABIC." [Jonah Goldberg]

Lots of email like this:

He shouldn't be complaining that Moore and Kennedy can't read arabic... He should be complaining that I can read arabic. I served as a Marine intel operator and translator for seven months in Iraq. I've had Shi'ite instructors, talked with the Shi'ites of southern Iraq about their grievences. *I* know his pessimism is unfounded. I know he's on the wrong side of history and this "Goldberg doesn't know anything about Iraq" defense won't fly with me.

Posted at 04:11 PM

Now if I can just get a link:)

UPDATE:Goldberg responds in full.

<< Home |