~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Presidential vacations

A word or two about the current criticism that the President was "slow" to get out in front of the cameras in the wake (sorry about the pun) of the tsunami disaster. It is my bitter and partisan opinion that anything the critics say about such a small and inconsequential subject is motivated solely by Bush Derangement Syndrome.

Remember when Bush "rushed" to Florida after four hurricanes ravaged the land? He was accused of getting in the way of relief efforts and hogging the cameras in an attempt to capitalize on the disaster. The President just can't win with these people. Only when he does things SPECTACULARLY well does he get a grudging acknowledgement. ("Well, I had a broken watch, once. It was right TWICE a day.")

I could look around a bit, provide some links that defend the President's timeline of response, but others have done so already (and better than a newbie like myself.) So I'll just sit here and fume over the phenomenom of BDS.

grrr.

BITTER UPDATE:It has occured to me that the President's policy of ignoring these people afflicted by BDS is probably a wise one. I just don't know how he does it. It will be (as they say) a cold day in hell before I will take his job.

<< Home |