~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Journalists give Mailer standing ovation

Loathe as I am to quote Rush Limbaugh (I believe his credibility to be wounded beyond repair) he IS correct in his observation that, "If you go to any school of journalism and randomly ask the students, 'What's the reason you want to be a journalist?' you'll hear the same answer from most if not all of them. 'I want to change the world in a positive way.'"

Case in point:
Journalists Shouldn't Be Cheerleaders-

It’s hardly a shocker that Norman Mailer could show up at a place like Cambridge, Mass., and win big applause with a speech attacking President Bush.

[...]

“I’m a newspaperman - these people don’t seem to understand what their role in society is,” said Jack Hart, managing editor of the Portland Oregonian... “It makes me very uncomfortable.”

<< Home |