~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Iraqi elections just days away

... and these translated Iraqi election broadcasts inspire not just Iraqi citizens, but weary political/military bloggers like myself.

My favorite is the clip where Sunnis, Shi'ias and Kurds, each mob flying banners and screaming, come to the three-way intersection and halt. First the Iraqi kids from all sides embrace, followed by the adults. Good God, let it be so.

I have a lot invested in this week's Iraqi elections. I spent seven months over there in 2003 as a uniformed Marine intel operative and translator. I've seen the Iraqi people up close, known their hospitality, heard their gut wrentching stories of oppression, and with ALL MY BEING I want to do right by them.

The upcoming elections MUST succeed. These commercials boost my spirits beyond belief.

Thanks Dawn

<< Home |