~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Carson dies

Johnny Carson, age 79, "passed away peacefully early Sunday morning...He was surrounded by his family, whose loss will be immeasurable." Which is, of course the best way to go.

In my youngest years, the only time I was allowed to stay up late enough to watch the Tonight Show was New Year's Eve and the TV was always tuned into Carson. Power suit guru John T. Molloy ("Dress for Success") urged us to look to Carson for all we needed to know about impeccable business fashion. He was a naval officer during WWII. And...

Aw, hell. I'll never be able to do him justice. I'm emailing Mark Steyn right now to ask him to lend a few words to a great man's memory. He's done it before, ya know...

<< Home |