~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, December 03, 2004

On movies...

Jonathan Last writes a lengthy review of Closer in the Daily Standard.
"Not since American Beauty has a film wanted to dive so deep into so shallow a pool."
I can see where he's going with this. I'm tempted to go see it just to watch the reactions of the audience. Will they nod sagely over deep symbolism of gratuitous sex (as intended by the film maker) or will they giggle, like I saw them do during Higher Learning or The Piano.

It seems to me that only the Academy truly understands the deeper meaning of hyperbolic sexual escapades. The masses want American Pie.

<< Home |