~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

It ought to be true... alas...

Snopes is convinced this is urban legend, but I'll keep my delusions, thank you;)
A college professor, an avowed Atheist, was teaching his class. He shocked several of his students when he flatly stated that there is no God. He declared that the expression, "One Nation under God," was unconstitutional, and further, he was going to prove there is no God.

Addressing the ceiling he shouted, "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you 15 minutes!"

The lecture room fell silent. You could have heard a pin drop. Ten minutes went by. Again he taunted God, saying, "Here I am, God. I'm still waiting."

His countdown got to the last few minutes, when a Marine, just released from active duty and newly registered in the class, walked up to the professor, hit him full force in the face, knocking him from the platform.

Eventually, the professor came to, shaken. He looked at the young Marine and yelled, "What's the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

"God was busy. He sent me."


(h/t: Dawn)

<< Home |