~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I O 93 93/93 I O ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: LaGrange, Kentucky, United States

The opinions and interests of a husband, analyst and Iraq war veteran.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, November 15, 2004

Graffiti in Fallujah...

From Getty images:

"Caption: FALLUJAH, IRAQ: A US marine from the 3/5 Lima company stands in front of graffiti scribbled on the bridge crossing the Euphrates River in the restive city of Fallujah,14 November 2004, 50 kms west of Baghdad. The bridge became famous after the death of US security officers' charred bodies were hung on display at the end of March 2004."

I can't personally verify that these sentiments acurately reflect the views of the majority of the Marines of the 3rd Battalion, Fifth Marine Regiment because I've never talked to them. During my seven months in Iraq last year I was only co-located with the 1st and 2nd Battalions of the Fifth Marines... Sounds acurate, but I don't know for sure... Y'know... Just throwin' that out there...

(h/t) LGF Justice is served in Fallujah.

UPDATE: This reminds me of driving around Diwaniya with intel guys translating spray-painted slogans on walls around town. Trying to get a feel for the local feeling, the most prominant sentiment translated, roughly, "Take that, Saddam!"

<< Home |